Archive for February, 2007
1. Nanay, Tatay
2. Cross Merry Shake
3. Sweet Violet
4. Sen sen sen (Chimpoy champoy dose na de pik)
5. Shaider, Shaider
6. Si Nena (ay bata pa…)
7. Bahay Kubo, the 4-player game
Add more to the list…or make your own! Thanks to Crisel for helping us with this.
Who can ever forget this romantic part of Casper The Movie? It was the most “kilig” part of the movie because this was the time Casper turned into Devon Sawa (who was so cute by the way) and he danced with Kat (played by Christina Ricci. Watch this to reminisce about that cute romantic moment. Love is in the air!
Did someone just say Mr. Boombastic? Here’s that 90’s commercial (it’s so cute, reminds me of Gumby).
I used to have a very superstitious aunt. She once told me a story about how I can see the face of the man I am going to marry. Her instructions included: lighting up a candle at 12:00 midnight and facing a mirror. She asked me to pray while staring at the mirror.
Of course I didn’t do it. I’m not a believer in soulmates (violent reactions?). I love the idea but it sounds too good to be true. Adding to this soulmate cynicism is the childhood game of F.L.A.M.E.S. (we used to do this a lot in the sixth grade in the Philippines).
F.L.A.M.E.S stands for Friends, Lovers, Anger, Marriage, Engagement, and Soulmates. You get the name of two people. Cross out the similar letters in their names, and then total the number of the remaining letters. You then count the numbers against the acronym and then you get a future prediction of your ‘relationship’ with the person (whose name you wrote down beside yours).
Philippine TV recognized this mini phenomenon among the females and decided to capitalize on it. In the nineties, ABS-CBN launched a show entitled Flames. It featured the latest teen stars in various love stories which, made my after-school afternoons better.
Hey guys! I don’t know if this was aired during the 90’s but I can’t help but add it to our blog. It’s sooo cool! It’s just like the matrix entry we posted two weeks ago. Check it out! It’s amazing! hehe
1. Kumakain ka ba ng aratilis?
2. Nagpipitpit ng gumamela para gawing soapy bubbles na hihipanmo sa binilog na tanggkay ng walis tingting?
3. Pinipilit ka ba matulog ng nanay mo pag hapon at di ka papayagan maglaro pag di ka natulog?
4. Marunong ka magpatintero, saksak puso, langit-lupa, teleber-teleber, luksong tinik?
5. Malupit ka pag meron kang atari, family computer or nes?
6. May mga damit ka na U.S.E.D., Boy London, Cross Colors, Esprit, Blowing Bubbles at pag nakakakita ka ng Bench na damit eh naalala mo si Richard Gomez?
7. Na-uso yung lollipop na parang flute pati narin ang Nerds, Wax Lips, at Benson’s
8. Addict ka sa rainbow brite, carebears, my little pony, thundercats, bioman, voltes v, mazinger z, daimos, he-man at marami pang cartoons na hindi pa translated sa tagalog?
9. Mayroon pang Tivoli at Coney Island ice cream (yung ice cream na nasa cone-shaped plastic cup at may libreng bubble gum sa ilalim?!)
10. Marunong ka mag wordstar, Lotus 1-2-3, Windows 3.1, at nakahawak ka na talaga ng 5.25 na floppy disk?
11. Inaabangan mo lagi ang batibot at akala mo magkakatuluyan si kuya bodgie at ate sienna… at inaabangan mo lagi beverly hills 90210, Melrose PLace at Baywatch?
12. Gumagamit ka ng AQUANET para pataasin ang bangs mo o kaya michaels?
13. Meron kang blouse na may padding kung babae ka at meron kang sapatos na mighty kid kung lalake ka?
14. Nangongolekta ka ng stationeries at mahilig ka magpapirma sa slumbook mo para lang malaman mo kung sino ang crush ng type mo?
15. Kilala mo si manang bola at ang sitsiritsit? e si Ning-ning at Ging-ging?
16. Sumisipsip ka ng nectar ng santan.
17. Idol mo si McGyver.
18. Eto malupet… six digits lang ba ang phone number nyo dati?!
20. Cute pa si aiza seguerra sa eat bulaga at alam mo ang song na “eh kasi bata”?!
21. Inabutan mo ang Magnolia Chocolait na nasa glass bottle pa na ginagawang lalagyan ng tubig ng nanay mo sa ref?
22. Meron kang pencil case na maraming compartments na pinagyayabang mo sa mga kaklase mo?
23. Noon mo pa hinahanap kung saan ang Goya Fun Factory at ang Sugarland?
24. Alam mo ang kantang “gloria labandera”.. lumusong sha sa tubig ang paa ay nabasa at ang “1, 2, 3, asawa ni marie”…?
25. Sosyal ka pag may play-doh ka at Lego… at nag-iipon ka ng G.I. Joe action figures at iba pa ang mukha ni barbie noon?
26. Inabutan mo pa yung singkong korteng bulaklak at yung diyes na square?
27. Na-bola ka ng mga kaklase mo tungkol dun sa car freshener na nanganganak…yung Kisses?!
28. Sanay ka na at least twice a week, nagba-brownout.
29. Meron kang kabisadong kanta ni andrew e na alam mo hanggang ngayon…? aminin!!!
30. Laging lampin ang sinasapin sa likod mo pag pinapawisan ka
31. Bumibili ka ng tarzan, texas at bazooka bubble gum, tira-tira
33. Takot ka dumating ang year 2000 dahil sabi nla magugunaw daw ang mundo?
WAG KA NA MAG DENY… TUMAWA KA NA LANG…
This entry was gotten from sirenspeaks in http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18737253&posted=1#post18737253
You guys still remember the yellow gremlin-like creature living in the walls of the suburban home of Tommy Anybody?? Its MR. BOGUS!! This wacky character surfed around and fought the “dust bunnies” in Tommy’s kitchen or in Mr. Bogus’ alternate world called the “Bogusland”! Wacky ain’t it?
He’s like today’s Spongebob. Methinks.